The headquarters of "Fried. Bayer et comp." in Heckinghauser Strasse in Barmen-Rittershausen (1863)
- TV Footage
- Social Media
- Background Information
- Media Contact
Bayer's Central Scientific Laboratory in Wuppertal-Elberfeld in 1891
Historical packaging (1899) of what is perhaps the most famous medication in the world: Aspirin
With the opening of the first training workshop at the Leverkusen site in 1901, the foundations of vocational training at Bayer were laid.
The company fire department at the Leverkusen site was founded in 1902.
Prof. Carl Duisberg was Managing Director of Farbenfabriken Bayer from 1912 to 1925. The planning, construction and development of the Leverkusen site is considered to be the most significant milestone in his career. (Photo: Duisberg in his office in Leverkusen in 1921)
Otto Bayer conducting an experiment in 1952.
Environmental protection has been an integral part of corporate policy for over 100 years. An air monitoring van tests the quality of the air near the Leverkusen site in 1963.